Kitchen is the heart of every home. This is the place, you start your day from –with a glass of warm water or a cup of tea/coffee. This area is not only used for cooking meals or filing our stomach but also to develop harmony, satisfaction in the house. As we greatly emphasize on the decor of the living room, which is considered to be the representative of the house, the kitchen is also not a place to be taken granted, for it speaks on the behalf of our home too. When we try our hand on a new recipe, a new feeling, excitement and confidence arise in us. The aroma of seasoning spices, fried vegetables permeated around, attract everyone towards the kitchen to find out what’s cooking in there. This is the magic of kitchen, a few simple ingredients transformed into delectable dishes. When you want your kids to be with you in kitchen to witness these transformations, it means you want to spend some quality time with them. Therefore, if a place serves so many purposes or where you spend a pretty good part of your day for creating umpteen culinary magic, it deserves the utmost care.
Here, I am sharing a few tips which I follow in my kitchen to make it more hygienic, pleasurable, and full of positivity and flavors.
Hygiene: Food prepared in kitchen either fills your body with energy or causes food borne illness. To maintain proper hygiene is very essential requirement.
The key steps are:
- Try to enter your kitchen in clean clothes and don’t cook while cleaning or dusting. Wash your hands properly before you start the preparation in kitchen.
- Wash fruits/vegetables and other washable ingredients thoroughly 2 to 3 times before using them.
- Use perishable items first.
- Store food items appropriately before and after cooking. Follow the storing instructions carefully.
- Do not use anything post the expiry date.
- Remove rings while using fingers for kneading dough or mixing batter etc. they may contain dirt in between them.
- Keep the counter clean and disinfected by wiping it with lukewarm water and baking soda solution.
- Disinfect the cabinet and refrigerator handles and faucets regularly.
- Sort your sink frequently, avoid piling up used utensils in it to prevent bacteria growth.
- Treat pulses/spices/rice etc. correctly to avoid insect breeding.
- Use separate cutting boards for raw and cooked material to reduce the risk of cross contamination.
- Maintain the recommended temperature for different food items.
- Always use clean and different kitchen dusters for different purposes.
How I make my cooking zone pleasurable:
- Choose a soothing color combination for walls and cabinets, which makes you feel pleased and calm. Place some fresh flowers in a vase near the kitchen window or any other appropriate place on the kitchen counter. Flowers make your mood cheerful.
- I keep a compact speaker beside me to enjoy light music. It keeps me energetic and happy the time I am there. Good mood is the most important ingredient than any other in cooking.
- Keeping frequently used tools handy makes cooking easy and hassle free.
- Do not create mess on counter, wipe out the spills immediately while doing chopping /mixing/grinding etc.
- If you have already done enough for the day do not stress yourself with complicated cooking, rather choose a simple and easy dish.
In a nutshell having a functional and aesthetically managed kitchen makes cooking a fun filled activity. Furthermore, you should be in love with the place you spend a pretty good amount of your precious time.
Now a days when kitchens are well equipped with ultra-modern gadgets, GREEN FUTURE domestic flour mills will arguably top the list. These house hold atta chakkis are skillfully designed to complement any kitchen counter in amazing compact sizes, incomparable gorgeous appearances and unprecedented performance without adding to your electricity bills. Operation of these machines is quite a simple job, just plug and play method. Mill your spices/pulses/grains immediately whenever and wherever you require them without making yourself tired.
So, do think over it and do not delay to make this Chhota Jadugar your best companion in your cooking zone to serve freshness and health to your loved ones.
“Imagine your cells smiling back at you saying THANKS”