Before we discuss about how to reduce snacking, Let us talk about the word snacking is.
Snacking is that portion of food which we have between our regular meals. Generally, snack food symbolize fried, processed and high calories food items like packaged food, chips, cookies or homemade snacks.
They may or may not be healthy. Generally (nothing should come here) they are good in taste, color and aroma which contribute to stimulate hunger and grab them.
Mostly evening time or 4’o clock hunger fires up the feeling to have something spicy and fried instead of something healthy. As I feel evening cravings for snacks leads to add some extra unwanted ponds. It is advisable to choose nourishing healthy snacks which keeps you full for longer.
Here I am sharing few tips which may help you to reduce cravings for unhealthy snacks:
- Have your meal properly: Make your stomach full while having any meal of the day. It will help to reduce the cravings for tea time snacks.
- Fiber rich, high protein snacks are helpful in weight loss as they are harder to digest. So you will feel satiated for longer and won’t eat unnecessarily.
- Drink plenty of water: According to a study when you feel hungry after sometime of having meals and crave for snacks, you are actually thirsty. Drink a glass full of water, chances are pretty good that the wish of having snacks will vanish.
- Pick up a fruit when you desire to have something sweet, it will help you to avoid extra calories.
- Divert your attention: A research shows that generally we crave for snacks when we are sitting idle. So next time when you feel so, just divert your attention to other activities or talk to someone, and you will forget about your craving for snack.
- Choose a small plate while serving yourself. It will stop you from overeating,
- Place snacks items out of your sight in your kitchen- ‘out of sight out of mind’.
- Keep yourself stress free because studies show that we tend to eat more while in stress.
- Do not wait to have meals until you feel starved because then chances are higher, that you’ll over eat.
- If you are working late nights or your kids are studying, try to replace cookies with almonds, fox nuts, or popcorns. These items will provide you certain nutrients and keeps you energetic too.
But sometimes do treat yourself with the snack you craved for.
Healthy eating leads to healthier you!!!!
दोस्तों! आज हम बात करेंगे कि क्या हमारा खानपान सच में हमारे जीवन को प्रभावित करता है और कैसे?हम क्या खाते हैं, कैसे और कब खाते हैं, ये वो छोटी-छोटी बातें हैं जो हमारे जीवन पर गहरा प्रभाव डालती हैं। एक संतुलित और खुशहाल जीवन जीने के लिए संतुलित और सेहतमंद खाना बहुत ही आवश्यक है। इस विषय में आगे बात करने से पहले हम बात करेंगे अमेरिका के एक ह्रदय रोग विशेषज्ञ डॉक्टर विलियम डेविस की 2011 में लिखी एक पुस्तक जिसका नाम था “wheat belly”। यह किताब हमारी फूड हैबिट्स को लेकर काफी चर्चा में रही।इस किताब में बताया गया, कि अगर आपको मोटापा, डायबिटीज या अन्य हृदय रोगों से मुक्ति चाहिए तो अपने खानपान में बदलाव लाने की बहुत आवश्यकता है।गेहूं के स्थान पर पुराने भारतीयों की तरह मक्का, बाजरा, जौ, चना या बाजरा, इन अनाजों को ज्यादा प्रयोग में लाना चाहिए। भारत में बढ़ती हुई डायबिटीज एवं हृदय रोगों की दर का कारण 1980 के बाद से लगातार सुबह शाम हर समय के भोजन में गेहूं का बढ़ता हुआ सेवन है।देखा जाए तो गेहूं वास्तव में भारत की फसल नहीं है। यह बहुत बाद में भारत में आया उससे पहले भारतवासी मोटा अनाज यानी कि जो की रोटी या फिर उसके बाद मौसम के अनुसार आने वाले अनाज जैसे मक्का, बाजरा और ज्वार की रोटी खाना पसंद करते थे जिसका उनके सेहतमंद रहने में बहुत बड़ा योगदान था। इनके महत्व को देखते हुए ही हम देखते हैं कि मांगलिक कार्यों में भी इन अनाजों में से जौ व चावल का ही प्रयोग किया जाता है। प्राचीन काल में आम भारतीयों के घरों में बेजड (मिक्स अनाज) की रोटी या फिर जौ की रोटी का ही प्रयोग किया जाता था। गेहूं का उपयोग बहुत ही सीमित था। उस समय का मुख्य अनाज जौ था जिसके बहुत सारे फायदे हैं जैसे कि:
.जो में अत्यधिक मात्रा में फाइबर होने के कारण वजन कम करने में सहायक है।
. जो डायबिटीज को नियंत्रित करने में मदद करता है।
. गठिया रोग को ठीक करने में इसका सेवन बहुत उपयोगी है।
गेहूं में पाया जाने वाला ग्लूटेन उसने लोच पैदा करता है और इस वजह से उसकी रोटी आसानी से कम समय में और दिखने में खूबसूरत बन जाती है।लेकिन यह अनाज इतनी आसानी से पचता नहीं है। गेहूं के बढ़ते उपयोग के कारण ग्लूटेन एलर्जी भारत में कुछ समय से बढ़ती जा रही है। इस एलर्जी और कई और बीमारियों से काफी हद तक बचने के लिए अब समय आ गया है वापस पुराने खानपान की तरफ जाने का या उन्हें अपनाने का। उपयोग को कम करके और दूसरे अनाजों को जैसे ज्वार, बाजरा, मक्का रागी, चना इत्यादि को अपने जीवन शैली में शामिल करने से काफी हद तक अपने स्वास्थ में सुधार ला सकते हैं। इन अनाजों को अपनी इच्छा अनुसार मिक्स करके उसका आटा प्रयोग में ला सकते हैं और इस से बनी रोटियां जब आप खाएंगे तो अपने स्वास्थ्य में आने वाले परिवर्तन को आप खुद महसूस करेंगे।लेकिन कुछ अनाज ऐसे होते हैं जिनका आटा लंबे समय तक पीसकर नहीं रखा जा सकता वह या तो कड़वा हो जाता है या खराब होने लगता है जैसे बाजरा, मक्का आदि। इनका बेहतर उपयोग करने के लिए आप इन्हें ताजा पीस सकते हैं। वैसे भी एक अध्ययन के अनुसार आटे को लंबे समय तक पिसा हुआ रखने से उसकी गुणवत्ता कम होने लगती है और उसकी पौष्टिकता कुछ हद तक नष्ट होने लगती हैं तथा उसमें ना दिखाई देने वाले सूक्ष्म बैक्टीरिया उत्पन्न होने लगते हैं।बाजार में लगी हुई बड़ी बड़ी चक्कीयो पर जब हम अपना अनाज पिसवाते है तो एक तो उन चक्कीयों का RPMबहुत ज्यादा होने के कारण आटा गर्म होकर इसका निकलता है, दूसरा वह उस वातावरण के वायुजनित कीटाणुओं से संक्रमित हो सकता है।और आप कितना भी अच्छा अनाज लेकर उसे बाहर पिसवाने जाएं लेकिन उसमें मिलावट की संभावनाएं बढ़ जाती हैं।
इन सभी मुश्किलों को खत्म करने के लिए हम ग्रीन फ्यूचर में लेकर आए हैं आकार में बहुत ही छोटी लेकिन अद्भुत परिणामों के साथ घरेलू आटा चक्कियां।ये चक्कियां आकार में छोटी, आकर्षक एवं हर तरह की रसोई के लिए उपयुक्त है। इनको प्रयोग करना बेहद आसान है और यह किसी भी तरह के अनाज को बहुत आसानी से और बहुत कम समय में पीस सकती हैं। आटा पीसते वक्त इनसे किसी भी तरह का आटा उड़ता नहीं है जिससे आपकी रसोई बिल्कुल साफ रहती है और इसमें लगा हुआ auto cleaning brush आटे को अंदर नहीं रहने देता जिससे आपको हर बार मशीन को अंदर से साफ करने की जरूरत नहीं पड़ती है जो कि आपके काम को बहुत आसान कर देता है।बहुत कम बिजली का उपयोग करके चलने वाली यह मशीन आज के समय में हर रसोई की जरूरत है। हमारे सभी मॉडल्स को देखने के लिए आप हमारी वेबसाइट देख सकते हैं और वहां अपने परिवार के साइज के अनुसार और अपनी आवश्यकता के अनुसार आप अपना मॉडल पसंद कर सकते हैं।
सादा खाइए, स्वस्थ रहिए!!!
Hey friends!! Are you ready to relish one of the most popular traditional dish or a complete meal of Rajasthan? What is that? Well, that is a super food for winters – “Khatey ka Saag & Bajre ki Roti” served with a piece of GUD (jaggery) and ghee. A heavenly combination from my village on your plate. Khatey ka saag has many variations like it can be prepared with barley porridge and flour in summers and with bajra or millet in winters without compromising nutrition and flavors. Millet and barley both are good to consume in their respective seasons providing numerous health benefits. This is one of the most popular food items from traditional RAJASTHANI THALI. In summers when barley is used to make this recipe, it supplies fibers to body which reduce hunger and helps in weight loss; provide Beta-Glucans which may help lower cholesterol, magnesium content in it, protect against diabetes. Now when winter is around the corner, Millet is the right grain to use for this saag. Some of the numerous health benefits of millet are as following:
- This tiny whole grain has a wide range of antioxidants, proteins and nutrients.
- A better substitute for them who are facing gluten allergy.
- It will keep you warm and beat the chilling strokes.
- Bajra is a good source of iron and calcium
- Regulate your body temperature etc.
Let’s begin the recipe of KHATEY KA SAAG AND BAJRE KI ROTI.
Ingredients for 4 servings
Methi leaves 100 gms approx.
Spinach 450 gms
*you can choose greens of your choice like- chane ka saag, bathua etc.
Bajre ka dalia or millet porridge 4 to 5 TBSP
Millet flour or besan 2 tbsp
Sour Curd 1 cup
Asafoetida or hing a generous pinch
Salt as per taste
Chilli powder as per your taste
Water as required
- Wash the green leaves thoroughly and chop finely.
- Boil porridge in a glass of water in pressure cooker without lid and add salt to it.
- Stir it regularly to avoid lumbs.
- Add your greens, mix them well and place the lid and take 3 whistles on medium low flame.
- Open the lid when steam released.
- This is the time to add curd and flour mix to it.
- Stir it continuously till it starts boiling otherwise it may curdle.
- After 30 mins approx. when saag is ready add mirch powder and hing(dissolved in water)
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Saag is all set to be served hot any type of roti (makka, bajra or plain)
BAJRE KI ROTI
- Take fresh millet flour, knead it with water.
- Take a ball out of it and roll to a thick chapatti.
- Cook it on tawa like plain chapatti.
Maize flour, millet flour are commonly consumed in mostly houses of north India. Make ki roti- sarsaon ka saag, bajre ki roti- khatey ka saag are considered as super meal for winters. But these flours comes with short shelf life. They perform better in both, taste and nutrition if milled fresh. But sometimes it become difficult to get it fresh or procured from market in less quantity. What to do then!!!! No worries, here we come.
Green Future has bring a solution to this with its unique DOMESTIC FLOUR MILLS in 11 different models delivering high performance. These wonderful atta chakkies are too compact to grab their space on kitchen counter itself without disturbing your cooking process. These grain grinders would not compel you to grind grains/spices/pulses in large quantity. You can grind as much as you requires. Even a spoonful of material will be ground precisely. Freshly milled flour/spices taste even better and provide nutrition at their best whereas stored flour/spices found decreased in both. Green Future has different models suitable for different family size. Ceramic corundum stone which is used as its grinding tool has the uniqueness of cool grinding to protect all the nutrients at full potential. You need not to worry about the tedious process of sharpening them, to your surprise they are self-sharpened. You are not supposed to clean the atta machine after every use, an auto cleaning brush inside will do this job for you.
So enjoy your winter meals with these compact, hassle free, low power consumption atta chakkies.
Last but not the least Green Future is offering 5 year warranty!!!!
- Serve your family health, taste and of course your care.
Hello friends! Today’s topic is how to boost your immunity while staying at home with some amazing recipes. Strong immune system is not only the necessity of this pandemic period but it is one of the utmost requirements of our body to stay fit and active. A well-developed immune system plays a vital role in protecting us from diseases caused by viruses, bacteria, micro-organisms and flush out the toxins from our body. Strong immunity is the key to live a healthy, balanced life by putting a check on what should get in and get out of the body. A weakened immune system may get you under the weather very soon. If your body tends to catch the weather transition often, it indicates, you need to work on strengthening your immunity with following tips:
- Healthy diet: one of the most important way to boost immunity is to switch to a healthy diet. Be wise with your food intake.
- Seasonal and regional food: nowadays, every drop is available throughout the year with extended shelf life. But one should avoid consuming the products which are not in season as it grows naturally at a particular time without preservatives and added chemicals or substances. So does the regional foods, they give us their best nutrition when they grow in their ideal surroundings, the surroundings in which you are living.
- Adequate sleep: Sleep and immunity are strongly connected because our body’s internal mechanism needs time to sustain itself. This may be one of the reason why you sleep more when sic, to give time to your immune system to work better. On an average 8 hours sleep per day is ideally recommendable.
- Add different colours in your diet: All whole plant foods like fruits, vegetables, legumes and oil seeds are packed with different multivitamins, nutrients and antioxidants. Different colours of vegetables supply different types of nutrients and serve different purposes, so try to incorporate as many colours possible in your diet.
- Exercise daily: Practice any form of exercise which your body allows in your daily routine .Try mild exercises like brisk walk, jogging, cycling, swimming and yoga.
- Keep yourself hydrated: consume proper fluid supplies in any form to keep yourself hydrated. It may not fight the disease but dehydration may cause many health issues like poor digestion, mood swings and may hinder your kidney functions.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress may take a toll on your health. It can suppress your immunity and promote inflammation in your body.
Ingredients for immunity boosting are:
- Black paper
- Clove etc.
These foods generate anti-inflammatory responses in your body.
Now here are some relishing recipes which boost your immunity system too let’s have a look
- 3 to 4 sticks cinnamon
- 10 to 12 pepper corns
- 7 to 8 cloves
- 1 tbsp carom seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 7to8 basil leaves or powder 1/2 tbsp
- 1 big cardamom
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder Or a piece of fleshy haldi
- A piece of ginger
Roast all the dry ingredients slightly and grind them to fine powder after cooling down. Boil 1 glass of water in a pan and add 1 tbsp of kadha powder and grate some turmeric and ginger otherwise you can mix ginger and turmeric powder too. Boil water till reduced to 1/3 of amount. Add lemon juice if you wish and drink bit hot.
BADAM MILK POWDER
- ALMONDS 1 CUP
- MILK POWDER 1/4 CUP
- CARDAMOM POWDER 1 TSP
- SAFFRON STRANDS 7 TO 8
- SUGAR OR JAGGERY POWDER – AS PER TASTE
- TURMERIC POWDER 1 TBSP (OPTIONAL)
Grind and mix all ingredients well. Store in an airtight container and mix a spoon with warm or cold milk at the time of consuming.
FOXNUT & JAGGERY LADOO
- FOXNUTS OR MAKHANA 2 CUPS
- ALMONDS 1/4 CUP
- MIX SEEDS 1/4 CUP
- DECICATED COCONUT 1/2CUP
- JAGGERY POWDER OR SUGAR POWDER – AS PER TASTE
- MILK AS PER REQUIREMENT
Dry roast fox nuts and dry fruits.
Grind them after it cooled down.
Mix all the ingredients and add milk gradually till it start binding.
Make ladoos and enjoy!!!!
MAKHANA is a rich source of Calcium, flavonoids, antioxidants which helps people suffering from arthritis, blood pressure and infertility.
Do try these recipes and share your valuable feedback with us in comment box.
GOOD HEALTH IS A TRUE WEALTH….STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!!
Before we start it’s better to know what causes depression and what exactly it is. Depression is a mental state disorder which leads to persistent sadness, frequent mood swings, loss of interest in routine activities etc. People may face different phases or types of depression in life. Sometimes it comes in mild severity but becomes more serious if it persists for longer. Symptoms of depression varies in different people like- anger, sadness, social disconnect, insomnia, aggressiveness, suicidal tendency, fatigue, decreased energy, low self-esteem, loss of confidence, crying suddenly, disturbed appetite and many more. Now, we will discuss what the reasons which may cause depression are, it is a complex question though. Sometimes it may happen due to disturbance in relationship, major financial losses, incurable or chronic illness, loss of confidence, physical appearance teasing, genetic and sometimes one may suffer for no reasons. Certain medication also increases this tendency in people. If you have a strong will power to fight with this depression you can certainly get rid of this very soon. While in depression you may feel to isolate yourself but indulge yourself in small activities of your interest and surround yourself with people who make you feel happy and energetic. Set small goals and try to achieve them rather than completing all the task at once. Depression is curable. Besides these steps, food also plays a vital role in healing depression. There is no magic diet which treat the symptoms of depression for sure but what you eat and drink definitely affect how you feel. Let’s have a look which ingredients can work as antidepressants. The diet rich in omega- 3 fatty acids, vitamin B, vitamin D, zinc, folate, antioxidants, and serotonin are helpful in the state of depression.
Sources of these nutrition are as below
.Whole grain -magnesium
. Dark green leafy vegetables- vitamin b6, folic acid
. Carrots-vitamins beta carotene
. Walnut- omega 3 fatty acids
. Salman and tuna fish-omega 3 fatty acids
. Lean organ meat
. Peppers – vitamin c and antioxidants
. Broccoli – vitamin c, beta carotene
. Drinking plenty of water also helps.
. Dark chocolates-it raises endorphin
. Quinoa – flavonoid.
As you can see, in this way a modified diet based on natural produce whole grains and nutrient rich ingredients may help to boost your mood and reduce the risk of depression. But one should avoid processed food, refined grains, junk food, sugar intakes, simple carbs and oily food. But above all of these thanks nothing can beat effect of strong will power and positive thinking.
Try to radiate positivity!!!
As winter is around the corner with festivities near, this is the time when we celebrate our food. Sunny days with cold nights, heavy clothes, warm beverages, good food and comfort, there is a lot to enjoy in winters. But during winters our body requires some extra care because as the temperature goes down so does our energy level. But there are some certain foods which keep us healthy and energetic in these cold days such as:
- Dry fruits: continuous exposure to chilling temperature slows down our metabolism. Enriched food during winters may take a toll on your weight. Having dry fruits and nuts with warm milk in your breakfast can help you to avoid over-eating and energize you for rest of the day. You can consume them directly or for a change can add them to porridge, custard, pudding etc. Dry fruits are rich sources of proteins, minerals and dietary fiber.
- Millets and grains: Our country has a variety of grains and millets in different seasons which can be used to make numerous delicacies. We should choose them wisely according to the change in seasons. Regional and seasonal foods are the best to consume in both aspects – quality and nutritional value. Seasonal food items have the best properties to withstand the adverse effect of the weather.
Let’s have a look which grains are advisable in winter season:
Bajra or pearl millet: it is a perfect winter grain to supply magnesium, potassium, fiber, proteins and multi essential minerals. Consuming pearl millet helps to reduce blood pressure, LDL and keeps the heart healthy. It is a healthier substitute for gluten free grains. Presence of high fibers in Bajra helps in weight loss. It can be consumed as porridge and flour etc. Bajre ki roti with generous amount of ghee combined with urad dal or any traditional curry, with a piece of jaggery in plate is a complete food in winters. You can relish bajre ki khichdi as well.
Corn or Makka: corn also serves as a healthy substitute for wheat for gluten intolerance. This is a great source of anti-oxidant and carotenoids which may improve eye health. It can be consumed as roti, paratha corn porridge, sweet corn, popcorns and many other dishes. Amongst them makki ki roti with Sarson ka saag is a superhit combination in winters. Moreover, popcorn is a light, healthy, whole grain snack helpful in weight loss.
Jowar or sorghum: Jowar is also considered a great grain during winters. It is loaded with calcium and other nutrients. You can enjoy delicious Bhakris with Jowar flour.
As all of these grain flours have short shelf life, it is advisable to consume them fresh to take the best out of them. So include these millets in your routine diet during winters.To reap maximum benefits of them fresh milling is incomparable.
Green Future Private Limited provides this opportunity in most convenient way through its domestic flour Mills. Please domestic Atta chakki is an absolute bliss for your kitchen to make your Milling easier and your culinary preparation tastier and healthier with the unique feature of grinding as less as 50 grams in fraction of seconds. Specially designed stone grinding method in these grains/spices and pulses grinders helps to maintain the nutrition value at its highest. So make this gorgeously designed compact Atta chakki your companion in your kitchen to create culinary wonders.
- Sweet potatoes: This root vegetable is an unbeatable source of energy, warmth, vitamin A & C and numerous minerals. Enjoy them in different ways either baked or boiled.
- Leafy vegetables: winter season is full of green leafy vegetables and these greens are full of numerous vitamins, iron, calcium, fiber and anti-oxidants etc. Try to have most of your green vegetables during winters.
- Peanuts and sesame seeds: gur til and peanut Chikki is the best dessert during winters as they supply iron, magnesium, protein, copper, vitamin E and b3 to our body.
In a nutshell, there are many food items in store for winters to keep you healthy, warm and happy too. Have plenty of fluids in order to keep yourself hydrated.
Winter is a season to celebrate our food, enjoy the season!!!!