Hello friends! Today’s topic is how to boost your immunity while staying at home with some amazing recipes. Strong immune system is not only the necessity of this pandemic period but it is one of the utmost requirements of our body to stay fit and active. A well-developed immune system plays a vital role in protecting us from diseases caused by viruses, bacteria, micro-organisms and flush out the toxins from our body. Strong immunity is the key to live a healthy, balanced life by putting a check on what should get in and get out of the body. A weakened immune system may get you under the weather very soon. If your body tends to catch the weather transition often, it indicates, you need to work on strengthening your immunity with following tips:
- Healthy diet: one of the most important way to boost immunity is to switch to a healthy diet. Be wise with your food intake.
- Seasonal and regional food: nowadays, every drop is available throughout the year with extended shelf life. But one should avoid consuming the products which are not in season as it grows naturally at a particular time without preservatives and added chemicals or substances. So does the regional foods, they give us their best nutrition when they grow in their ideal surroundings, the surroundings in which you are living.
- Adequate sleep: Sleep and immunity are strongly connected because our body’s internal mechanism needs time to sustain itself. This may be one of the reason why you sleep more when sic, to give time to your immune system to work better. On an average 8 hours sleep per day is ideally recommendable.
- Add different colours in your diet: All whole plant foods like fruits, vegetables, legumes and oil seeds are packed with different multivitamins, nutrients and antioxidants. Different colours of vegetables supply different types of nutrients and serve different purposes, so try to incorporate as many colours possible in your diet.
- Exercise daily: Practice any form of exercise which your body allows in your daily routine .Try mild exercises like brisk walk, jogging, cycling, swimming and yoga.
- Keep yourself hydrated: consume proper fluid supplies in any form to keep yourself hydrated. It may not fight the disease but dehydration may cause many health issues like poor digestion, mood swings and may hinder your kidney functions.
- Reduce stress: Excessive stress may take a toll on your health. It can suppress your immunity and promote inflammation in your body.
Ingredients for immunity boosting are:
- Black paper
- Clove etc.
These foods generate anti-inflammatory responses in your body.
Now here are some relishing recipes which boost your immunity system too let’s have a look
- 3 to 4 sticks cinnamon
- 10 to 12 pepper corns
- 7 to 8 cloves
- 1 tbsp carom seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 7to8 basil leaves or powder 1/2 tbsp
- 1 big cardamom
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder Or a piece of fleshy haldi
- A piece of ginger
Roast all the dry ingredients slightly and grind them to fine powder after cooling down. Boil 1 glass of water in a pan and add 1 tbsp of kadha powder and grate some turmeric and ginger otherwise you can mix ginger and turmeric powder too. Boil water till reduced to 1/3 of amount. Add lemon juice if you wish and drink bit hot.
BADAM MILK POWDER
- ALMONDS 1 CUP
- MILK POWDER 1/4 CUP
- CARDAMOM POWDER 1 TSP
- SAFFRON STRANDS 7 TO 8
- SUGAR OR JAGGERY POWDER – AS PER TASTE
- TURMERIC POWDER 1 TBSP (OPTIONAL)
Grind and mix all ingredients well. Store in an airtight container and mix a spoon with warm or cold milk at the time of consuming.
FOXNUT & JAGGERY LADOO
- FOXNUTS OR MAKHANA 2 CUPS
- ALMONDS 1/4 CUP
- MIX SEEDS 1/4 CUP
- DECICATED COCONUT 1/2CUP
- JAGGERY POWDER OR SUGAR POWDER – AS PER TASTE
- MILK AS PER REQUIREMENT
Dry roast fox nuts and dry fruits.
Grind them after it cooled down.
Mix all the ingredients and add milk gradually till it start binding.
Make ladoos and enjoy!!!!
MAKHANA is a rich source of Calcium, flavonoids, antioxidants which helps people suffering from arthritis, blood pressure and infertility.
Do try these recipes and share your valuable feedback with us in comment box.
GOOD HEALTH IS A TRUE WEALTH….STAY HEALTHY!!!!!!!