EXPLORE THE HEALING POWER IN YOUR KITCHEN
Kitchen is the heart of every home. This place infuses energy, health and freshness across the house. The Kitchen not only for satisfies the taste buds but also has the power to heal ailments and re-energize. There are many condiments, herbs and spices which not only add flavor to the food but also contain great medicinal properties veiled in them.
I am sharing some home remedies which I have found to be helpful to address common health issues at home. In olden times these spices and herbs were considered the as first line of treatment to aid and mitigate majority of ailments and till today hold an important relevance to those who know how to use them.
Enumerated below are few of the healing properties of various spices and seasonings usually available in our kitchen:
- GARLIC: Tempering of garlic in any recipe enhances its flavor. Moreover, garlic has huge beneficial health effects due to its sulfur content. It boosts the immune system, lowers cholesterol and controls blood pressure. It improves heart’s wellness. Consuming garlic empty stomach in the morning exceptionally improves heart functioning and reduces fat.
- HONEY: has immense antioxidant powers that reduce the risk of heart attacks and certain types of cancer. Honey is good for eyesight if applied as “Kaajal” at bed time but, be sure of its purity. It is helpful in reducing triglyceride levels in body.
- LEMON: is a popular citrus fruit, rich in Vitamin C and Flavonoids, in kitchen to add flavor to food. Lemon boosts immunity, prevent asthma, lower stroke risks and flush out the toxins from your body. Lemon and honey in lukewarm water is a great catalyst in reducing weight especially when consumed empty stomach in the morning. Lemon helps in maintaining skin complexion.
- TURMERIC: This star ingredient in kitchen is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties helping to ease inflammation and swelling. It prevents Alzheimer’s and arthritis. It helps in depression as well. Moreover, turmeric is widely used for cosmetic purposes. Using it in homemade face masks adds glow and luster to the skin and rejuvenates it. Applying turmeric paste on wounds stops blood flow and helps the wound to heal faster.
To get the best out of turmeric, it is recommended to grind it on your own turmeric to avoid adulteration. HAWOS GREENFUTURE DOMESTIC FLOUR MILLS provides the easiest milling option in 11 different models. One can grind any non-oily GRAIN/SPICES/PULSES and get the freshest flour instantly.
- CINNAMON: An aromatic and flavored spice, is a wonderful antiseptic which combats viruses, bacteria and fungal infections. It helps in speedy recovery from common flu symptoms. Intake of boiled water with cinnamon results in weight loss.
- HING OR ASAFOETIDA: A pinch of hing adds flavor to any Indian recipe. This condiment has properties that assist digestion and relieves stomachaches caused due rich and heavy diets. Asafoetida and garlic paste soothes in insect bites and stings.
- MINT: A cooling and aromatic herb that adds flavour and aroma to food is packed with multi nutrients. It relieve indigestion, keep the body cool and improves brain activity, is easy to add to your diet.
There are a lot more magical medicinal nuggets hidden in the kitchen, one just needs to keep discovering and trying them out.
However, if any health issues persists over a period of time, one should seek medical assistance.
I cannot help myself to share KIN HUBBARDS’s words here
“And yet of all the home remedies, a good wife and mother is still the best.”