Hey friends!! Are you ready to relish one of the most popular traditional dish or a complete meal of Rajasthan? What is that? Well, that is a super food for winters – “Khatey ka Saag & Bajre ki Roti” served with a piece of GUD (jaggery) and ghee. A heavenly combination from my village on your plate. Khatey ka saag has many variations like it can be prepared with barley porridge and flour in summers and with bajra or millet in winters without compromising nutrition and flavors. Millet and barley both are good to consume in their respective seasons providing numerous health benefits. This is one of the most popular food items from traditional RAJASTHANI THALI. In summers when barley is used to make this recipe, it supplies fibers to body which reduce hunger and helps in weight loss; provide Beta-Glucans which may help lower cholesterol, magnesium content in it, protect against diabetes. Now when winter is around the corner, Millet is the right grain to use for this saag. Some of the numerous health benefits of millet are as following:
- This tiny whole grain has a wide range of antioxidants, proteins and nutrients.
- A better substitute for them who are facing gluten allergy.
- It will keep you warm and beat the chilling strokes.
- Bajra is a good source of iron and calcium
- Regulate your body temperature etc.
Let’s begin the recipe of KHATEY KA SAAG AND BAJRE KI ROTI.
Ingredients for 4 servings
Methi leaves 100 gms approx.
Spinach 450 gms
*you can choose greens of your choice like- chane ka saag, bathua etc.
Bajre ka dalia or millet porridge 4 to 5 TBSP
Millet flour or besan 2 tbsp
Sour Curd 1 cup
Asafoetida or hing a generous pinch
Salt as per taste
Chilli powder as per your taste
Water as required
- Wash the green leaves thoroughly and chop finely.
- Boil porridge in a glass of water in pressure cooker without lid and add salt to it.
- Stir it regularly to avoid lumbs.
- Add your greens, mix them well and place the lid and take 3 whistles on medium low flame.
- Open the lid when steam released.
- This is the time to add curd and flour mix to it.
- Stir it continuously till it starts boiling otherwise it may curdle.
- After 30 mins approx. when saag is ready add mirch powder and hing(dissolved in water)
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Saag is all set to be served hot any type of roti (makka, bajra or plain)
BAJRE KI ROTI
- Take fresh millet flour, knead it with water.
- Take a ball out of it and roll to a thick chapatti.
- Cook it on tawa like plain chapatti.
Maize flour, millet flour are commonly consumed in mostly houses of north India. Make ki roti- sarsaon ka saag, bajre ki roti- khatey ka saag are considered as super meal for winters. But these flours comes with short shelf life. They perform better in both, taste and nutrition if milled fresh. But sometimes it become difficult to get it fresh or procured from market in less quantity. What to do then!!!! No worries, here we come.
Green Future has bring a solution to this with its unique DOMESTIC FLOUR MILLS in 11 different models delivering high performance. These wonderful atta chakkies are too compact to grab their space on kitchen counter itself without disturbing your cooking process. These grain grinders would not compel you to grind grains/spices/pulses in large quantity. You can grind as much as you requires. Even a spoonful of material will be ground precisely. Freshly milled flour/spices taste even better and provide nutrition at their best whereas stored flour/spices found decreased in both. Green Future has different models suitable for different family size. Ceramic corundum stone which is used as its grinding tool has the uniqueness of cool grinding to protect all the nutrients at full potential. You need not to worry about the tedious process of sharpening them, to your surprise they are self-sharpened. You are not supposed to clean the atta machine after every use, an auto cleaning brush inside will do this job for you.
So enjoy your winter meals with these compact, hassle free, low power consumption atta chakkies.
Last but not the least Green Future is offering 5 year warranty!!!!
- Serve your family health, taste and of course your care.